Traveling Project Superintendent
BCI Construction, Inc. is seeking an experienced traveling Superintendent to join our growing team and work in the 5-state area of Minnesota. Headquartered out of Sauk Rapids, MN. BCI specializes in Commercial, Medical, and Institutional Construction.
Job Duties Include:
- Oversee site safety first and foremost
- Monitor quality control regarding work being performed on-site
- Understand Plans, Specifications and Subcontract Agreements
- Monitor all work to ensure that it complies with plans and specifications.
- Assist with development and Management of Project Schedules with the Project Manager
- Record and send completed Daily Progress Reports to the Project Managers each day.
- Maintain a clean site
- Schedule, Direct and Coordinate Subcontractor work and material purchases
- Monitors the progress, performance and quality of all subcontractors’ work.
- Implement and monitor the Safety Program for the Project and ensure all Subcontractors comply with the Safety Program (Toolbox meetings).
- Coordinate and schedule all Project Inspections.
- Responsible for review and analysis of Cost Report and Labor Hours Information.
- Maintain communications with the Project Manager on administrative portions of the project.
- Monitor daily needs to ensure that all material is delivered when required. Verify the accuracy of packing lists and transfer all paperwork to the Admin Department and Project Managers.
- Inform the Project Manager of project construction problems, which could affect the company.
- Responsible for project completion on time, with minimal punch list.
- Stay informed of codes, technology, safety requirements and practices.
- Coordinate with clients to ensure satisfaction with respect to work completion and deal with complaints to their satisfaction, while not jeopardizing project profitability.
- Prepare purchase orders and email in daily to office.
- Verify accuracy of time worked along with cost codes and description of work and enter into time software daily.
- Attend monthly safety meetings, typically the third Tuesday of each month (virtually)
- 5+ years of building and Construction Management experience
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Ability to read plans and enforce quality control
- Valid driver’s license
- The ability to communicate with employees and other staff in English sufficiently to understand and easily be understood.
- The ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide sufficiently to figure change orders, time cards and carpentry calculations.
- The ability to stand, bend, lift and stoop for extended periods of time.
- The ability to give direction and orders in a way to achieve expected results without creating undue tensions and disturbance.
- The ability to use various tools and equipment to assure project quality, performance and cleanliness.
- The ability to foresee events and anticipate changes in conditions and operations and react to those appropriately.
- The ability to give discipline and praise in a constructive and positive manner.
- PC Literate (MS Word, Project, Excel, Outlook)
- Procore experience
- OSHA 30
- SWPPP certified
Compensation & Benefits:
Full-time employees will earn a competitive wage and benefits package. BCI offers employer sponsored health insurance, 401(k) match up to 4%, PTO, and paid holidays after an introductory period. Additional supplemental insurance plans are also available such as dental, life, vision, accident, and more. Qualified candidates will be eligible for a company cell phone, laptop, vehicle, daily per diem, paid hotels.
The Traveling Project Superintendent will be asked to run some of our out-of-town projects that can run anywhere from 6 months-2 years. These projects could be in the 5-state area of Minnesota.